Friday, December 13, 2013

Sabrina and Gypsybleu New Year, more than a day


Approaching 2014, what changes will occur?

I noticed that my blogs have more reads when I write about the band than any other topic.  Perhaps because the exposure of the blog is on the marinoband.com or sabrinaband.com domain... duh?

And so, let me first cover New Years Eve.  We'll be at the OMNI Mandalay in Las Colinas.  The band has been allotted a set of rooms at a special discount of only $ 99.00.  It's a really good rate for a 4 star hotel.  The ambiance is incredible, and we had an awesome time last year.  We have some totally different things NEVER experienced before with Sabrina and Gypsybleu.  This New Year's Eve will incorporate a full band sound!  We're going to have a brass section join us!  So, You're probably going to hear somewhere between 15 and 20 new tunes!  It's going to be the kind of night that if you desire to dance, you will have plenty of great music to do that, or if you want to kick back and be entertained, you'll have plenty of opportunity for that as well.  Please contact me if you would like to get the discounted room as soon as possible and we do look forward to seeing you there!

As far as 2014, I'm going to try to set my expectations to a reasonable level.  I, personally, am a doer, what I set out to do, I do.  The hard part is when you have others that are part of what you want to do and they have things they're doing that don't coincide with what you're wanting to do, you can't get done what you want to do... whew, that's about as politically correct as I can phrase it.  So, I was thinking that I'd blog about the band more often.  Perhaps some of the inner circle details that no one knows.   Maybe, I'll vent out my frustrations?  Maybe not, probably shouldn't.  I mean, to credit Robert Hansen, our former third original member partner in this venture, he came up with the idea that we should film ourselves and create/produce a reality show.  BRILLIANT Bobby!  I loved, love, and shall always love that idea.  Although, I honestly thought that the band could not survive if we did that.  See, we musicians are something else.  A stage is an area where you can get up there with someone you wouldn't normally spend more than 5 minutes, but, in a performance, you collaborate, blend, and make something beautiful together.  To say it nicely, it reminds me of the "I Love Lucy" show where Ricky and Lucy begin to pick at each other for various personal habits they had.  Yeah, this band's been together for several years now and I'm sure that even I MAY have SOMETHING that could POSSIBLY irritate another member in the band. 

Normally, in those reality shows, there's a video blogging/logging that takes place where you really chew on the other.  I don't know ... really, I think that if you were to stick a camera in my face after an evening, I could end up saying something I'd regret... perhaps that's the entertainment factor, for others to watch the dissection.  And, through the years, some of the members of the band have begun to move on to other musical ventures, and some of our invited musicians have moved on as well.  I do know that when all is said, I'd rather be on the stage with Sabrina than any one else.  I'm really reflecting when I say that.  I mean, being honest, I'm fairly sure that there are times in any going concern that you evaluate and have feelings that you have to acknowledge.  I've toyed with the thought of starting another venture and so on, but, I say this purely in a platonic way, she and I produce music on a stage and when we're on, I think it's compelling. 

We really want to freshen things up in 2014.  I believe that band relations are in a good place and we're in a pretty good place right now.  I do anticipate a fresh and vibrant 2014.  If you haven't been out, come on out and see.  We are adding new tunes, and I believe that our interpersonal relationship stuff has hit that level that kicks in when you've known someone about 7 years...  You really make a decision to stay, lots move on.  To say it another way, personnel are in place, it's about evaluating our processes that are presently going on.

So, hope to see y'all at our gigs.  We're in a good relationship with several clubs throughout the metroplex.  Many ask me, "How do you get in that club?"  or "How to you get the bookings", to which I reply, it's not getting in that's hard, it's STAYING in that's complex.  I promise you that we're working on being better and we look forward to expressing our God given talents to you and we do not take any audience lightly, we greatly value you and look forward to serving you with the best music product possible.





No comments:

Post a Comment